You can find many articles talking about [shipping goods from China], but when it comes to [ ship socks from China] (and other sewing goods), this article will be the best fit for you.
Most of our long-term clients have their specified forwarders, that means we are offering FOB price and their forwarders will handle the shiping process. However recently as we somehow attract many mid-sized customers, who are new to shipping from China. So this is a guide for them.
Basis knowledge about socks concerning shipping
Anytime when it comes to shipping, you need to know 2 things of your goods:
the WEIGHT and the VOLUME.
- weight of socks: One pair of socks typically weighes 60-120 grams.
- 250 pairs of socks will be packed into a carton
- Volume of one carton is 0.072 CBM
|Quantity of Socks||Weight||Package||Volume|
|1 pair||40 – 60 grams|
|250 pairs||10 – 15 Kg||< 1 carton box||40x50x60cm, 0.12 CBM|
|2,500 pairs||100 – 150 Kg||6~7 carton||40x50x60cmx6, 0.72CBM|
Ways to ship socks from China
- Express delivery
- Arrives in 3-6 days
- Express couriers are good when your package is <150 Kg.
- We usually just use express courier to deliver sock samples, as you can see in the table above, 2500 pairs of socks weighes more then 150 Kg.
- This is a door-to-door delivery, no paperwork needed
- Air freight
- Arrives at your local airport in 4-10 days
- Air freight is recommended when your order is 200-800 Kg
- You will need to pick up the packs yourself in the airport
- Also have to pay for import fees and handling fees when you pick up your goods
- Sea Shipping
- Arrives in your preferred port in 10-30 days , usually 15 days to USA for example
- Ideal for mass products more than 5 CBMs
- You will pick up the packs in the port
- Also have to pay for import fees and handling fees when you pick up the goods
- you can use the link above to calculate your import duty
How can I choose the best way to ship socks from China?
- Use Express delivery to deliver sock sample and feel sock quality yourself.
- Use Air freight method to deliver your start-up order or test order of socks.
- Use Sea shipping for your big-orders
- For a detailed comparision, please keep reading.
What is the cost of each shipping method?
How do they calculate the cost to ship socks?
- Express delivery: By Kg, usually $5/Kg to USA;
- Air freight: By Kg, usually $2.5/Kg to USA;
- Sea shipping: By CBM, usually $180-$220/CBM to USA;
Let’s do the math now!
As one pair of socks weighes 40-60 grams, we will take that at 40 grams on average. You probably want to calculate your own order based using the folling price table:
Generally our mid-sized clients order socks at 5,000-20,000 pairs, from the table above we can see that the cost for sea shipping is just 1/3 of that for Air freight. So if delivery time is not a problem for you, please choose sea shipping.
Conclusion for ship socks from China
So this is about how to ship socks from China and something you need to know about sock basics and shipping terms. If you shall have any question regarding this, please leave a comment below or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch a Youtube video about shipping common goods from China: